Senior living communities play a vital role in providing a comfortable and enriching environment for older adults. With an increasing number of seniors choosing these communities to enjoy a fulfilling lifestyle, it becomes essential for administrators to offer amenities that cater to their unique needs and preferences. If you’re a senior or caring for one, finding the best satellite TV packages for seniors can make a world of difference.
These bundles combine television and internet services into one suitable package, at a reasonable cost. In this blog, we’ll explore a range of options that cater to seniors’ preferences, ensuring they have access to their favorite shows, movies, and online activities and enjoy their time.
List of the Best TV & Internet Bundles for Seniors
DIRECTV Packages for Seniors
- The ENTERTAINMENT package provides 75+ channels, including popular networks like ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, and ESPN. It costs $64.99 per month.
- The CHOICE package offers 105+ channels, plus premium channels like HBO and Showtime. It costs $84.99 per month.
- The ULTIMATE package comes with 140+ channels, plus all of the premium channels in the CHOICE package. It costs $109.99 per month.
- The PREMIER package comes with 150+ channels, Free SPORTS PACK: 35 regional channels, plus all of the premium channels in the ULTIMATE package. It costs $154.99 per month.
AT&T Cable Packages for Seniors
- AT&T Entertainment: This package includes 160 channels, including popular networks like ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, and ESPN. It also includes a cloud DVR with 20 hours of storage.
- AT&T Choice: This package includes 185 channels, plus HBO Max and Cinemax. The package comes with a cloud DVR with 20 hours of storage.
- AT&T Ultimate: This package includes 250 channels, plus HBO Max, Cinemax, Showtime, and Starz.
- In addition to these packages, AT&T also offers a variety of premium channels, such as CNN, HGTV, and ESPN+.
AT&T does not offer any specific discounts for seniors on their cable packages. However, they do offer a few programs that can provide savings for eligible seniors, such as the AARP discount and the Lifeline discount.
If you are a senior or own a senior living facility looking for a cable package from AT&T, I recommend comparing the different packages to see which one offers the channels and features that you want. You can also check if you are eligible for any discounts.
Spectrum Cable Packages for Seniors
- Spectrum TV Select starts at $59.99 per month for 12 months and provides over 150 channels. It also offers popular networks like HGTV, ESPN, and the History Channel. You also get free access to on-demand programming and can stream your content from anywhere on the Spectrum TV App.
- Spectrum TV Silver starts at $74.99 per month for 12 months and offers over 200 channels. Plus, it also offers premium channels like HBO and Showtime.
- Spectrum TV Gold starts at $94.99 per month for 12 months and provides over 250 channels, plus premium channels like HBO, Showtime, and Cinemax.
Easiest TV Service For Seniors
The TV service that is most user-friendly and provides the features that elders require is the easiest for seniors to utilize. Some things to consider before getting a TV service are:
- Ease of use: Even for those with little computer experience, the service provider’s interface should be simple to use.
- Channel selection: Senior-friendly channels from the supplier should provide local channels, news, sports, and entertainment.
- Features: The provider should offer features that are helpful for seniors, such as closed captions, voice control, and a senior-friendly guide.
How Can Seniors Reduce Cable Bills?
There are normally no special discounts offered to seniors and senior living facilities are charged in the same way as any other commercial business. However, given below are a few ways senior citizens can save some money on their TV bill.
- Buy your own streaming device. DIRECTV charges a $5 monthly rental fee for its streaming devices, but you can save that money by buying your own.
- Use autopay. DIRECTV also charges a $5 monthly fee for its autopay service, but you can waive that fee by signing up for autopay.
- Pay online. DIRECTV charges a $19.95 activation fee for new customers, but you can waive that fee by paying online.
Here are some other useful options for the best TV internet bundles for seniors.
A variety of bundles including both TV and internet service are available from Verizon Fios. High-speed internet and a number of channels are included in the packages, which start at $69.99 per month. Seniors can be confident that their rates won’t increase because Verizon Fios also provides a 10-year price guarantee.
Popular cable TV provider Xfinity also provides a number of packages that include internet connectivity. The bundles start at $44.99 a month and include high-speed internet in addition to a number of channels. Seniors can also add premium channels like HBO and Showtime to their bundles through Xfinity.
Another streaming service that provides a range of channels, including regional, sports, and news networks is YouTube TV. In addition, YouTube TV provides a number of add-on bundles, including sports and premium channel bundles. Although there is no commitment necessary, YouTube TV has a monthly starting price of $64.99.
Which Satellite TV Offers the Best TV Internet Bundles for Seniors?
If you run a place where older people live and want the best TV internet bundles for seniors that have a good deal for TV and internet together, you might like DIRECTV. They offer a variety of channel lineups that older folks enjoy, and it doesn’t cost too much. DIRECTV offers the most 4K channels of any satellite TV provider, with over 100 channels in 4K. It also has a Whole-Home DVR that allows you to record up to 200 shows at once and watch them on any TV.
Get the Best TV Internet Bundles for Seniors From CSS
Having a DIRECTV in senior living facilities has a lot of benefits for senior residents. If you want DIRECTV for your senior living facility, you can work with CSS for the best services. Whether you want to install the latest DIRECTV to your seniors’ living facilities or upgrade packages or channel line-ups, our experts will help you get the most suitable package for your senior living facilities or any other facility. Call CSS today at 800-910-0626 to build a great experience for the senior residents.